Trash & Recycling
Meridian Waste SolutionsMeridian Waste Opens a New Window. is the residential waste hauler for the City of Wildwood, effective December 1, 2007. Effective August 1, 2019, Waste Connections will be the residential waste hauler for the City. Click here for information on Waste Connections
Procedures & Requirements
Please be advised of the following waste collection procedures and requirements:
- Contact Meridian directly to start or cancel service.
- Please have all trash / recycle / yard waste at the curb on the scheduled pick-up day no later than 7 a.m.
- All trash items must be placed in a trash bag or trash container, not to exceed 50 pounds. (If you have bulky items, please contact Meridian Waste directly to notify them of the items that will be placed at the curb so that they will have the proper manpower to lift items into trucks as needed.)
- Please place all recycle items in the designated 22-gallon bin, 65-gallon toter, or 95-gallon toter.
- Please place all yard waste items in compostable yard waste bags or trash cans utilized for yard waste. All tree limbs must be bundled in 4-foot long sections with a 6-inch diameter and placed at the curb on the designated pick-up day. No tree roots or dirt will be accepted.
- For appliance pickup, please contact the waste hauler directly for removal of these items (prices indicated in the following table).
Items Not Accepted
Items that will not be collected include:
- Solid waste and yard waste co-mingled
- Tree roots, dirt / soil, and/or rocks or bricks
- 55-gallon drums
- Hazardous materials, including but not limited to concrete, batteries, construction material, and any flammable or combustible liquids or gases.
Services & Costs
Pricing for services offered by Meridian Waste Services are as follows (Pricing is for the period beginning December 1, 2017 and ending November 30, 2018):
|Basic Trash Service (curbside, once per week)|| $17.20 per month (Senior Rate $14.70)|
|Recycle Collection (curbside, once per week)||Included at no charge with Basic Trash Service|
|Recycle Container (95 or 65-gallon toter)||Included at no charge with Basic Trash Service|
|Optional - Yard Waste (curbside, once per week)|
- 10 item limit, bags or bundles not to exceed 60 lbs. ($2.00 per additional item)
- Subscription available on a month-to-month basis
|$10.30 per month (Senior Rate - $8.76)|
Christmas trees will be disposed of for free to all Wildwood residents
(January 1-February 28).
|Optional - 95-gallon Cart Rental (for trash)||$2.75 per month|
|Optional - Appliance (White Goods) Collection||Cost per item (call Meridian to schedule pickup)|
|Bulk Items (i.e., furniture, other large items)||Free of charge (call Meridian to schedule pickup)|
|Construction Remodeling Debris / Carpeting||Please call Meridian for pricing|
Holiday Collection Schedule
For each of these holidays, all routes will be delayed by one day.
|New Year's Day||Tuesday, January 1, 2019 (Delayed Tuesday through Friday pickups only)|
|Memorial Day||Monday, May 27, 2019|
|Independence Day||Thursday, July 4, 2019 (Delayed for Thursday and Friday pickups only)|
|Labor Day||Monday, September 2, 2019|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thursday, November 28, 2019 (Delayed for Thursday and Friday pickups only)|
|Christmas Day||Wednesday, December 25, 2019 (Delayed for Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday pickups only)|