Annual Photography Contest
Submissions for the 2021 Photography Contest will begin on June 1, 2021. We will begin advertising for the contest in May 2021.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2020 Photography Contest!
Below are the rules used for submitting photos to the 2020 Photography Contest.
- Entries will be received from 9:00 a.m., June 9, 2020, through 4:00 p.m., July 10, 2020.
- A completed entry form must be submitted with each photograph.
- Entries must be submitted via online form, which will be available when the entry period opens on June 9th. (ENTRIES FOR THE 2020 CONTEST ENDED ON JULY 10, 2020)
- Photographers do not need to be residents of the City of Wildwood, Missouri.
- Participants may submit up to three (3) photographs.
- By submitting the entry form, you agree that you shot the photograph and it is now the property of the City of Wildwood. Additionally, you agree, and grant permission, to allow the photograph to be used by the City in future articles, ads, webpages, promotional (printed or digital), and/or other materials.
- Must be in a digital format … NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Can be either color or black and white.
- Must have been taken between September 1, 1995 (the City’s incorporation date) and July 10, 2020.
- Must have been taken within the City limits of the City of Wildwood, Missouri.
- Entries from past contests will not be accepted.
- Subject matter of the photographs is limited to landscapes, buildings/structures, or wildlife scenes. A person, or persons, can be included in the photograph, but should not be the main subject of the image.
- Must submit entry form information with photograph.
- Please do not reduce the size of the photograph.
Entry Form Information
- Each submittal must be accompanied, by the following information:
- Name, Mailing Address, Telephone Number, and Email of Photographer.
- Location where photograph was taken.
- Acknowledgement that by submitting, you agree the photograph was taken by you, is now the property of the City of Wildwood, and may be used in any of its future publications.
- All entries will be placed on the City’s website and open to a vote of the public.
- The final selections will be completed by a panel of photography experts, who will use the voting completed by the public as a key factor in their review process.
- On-line voting will take place between July 29, 2020 through August 20, 2020.
- The professional judging will be completed by October 1, 2020.
- Winners will be announced on the City’s website no later than October 1, 2020.
- The photographers who have their submittals selected will receive a Wildwood prize.
- The City will not be printing a city calendar for 2021, but the winning photos will be used on our website, social media, print publications, and in other exciting new ways.